STA Certficiate in Swimming Teaching
The STA CERTIFICATE qualification enables an individual to be a fully qualified swimming teacher. The course looks at developing and refining teaching skills as well as their knowledge of the 4 Competitive Strokes & Advanced Swimming Skills. Stages 5-10 are covered looking at Competitive/ Fitness Swimming and Survive & Save in Stages 8-10. Teachers would be qualified to deliver the full pathway from Stage 1-10 as well as School Swimming Lessons.
- Be 17 years of age or older
- Hold current membership of STA
- Hold the Safety Award for Teachers or acceptable equivalent
- Hold the STA Award in Swimming Teaching or acceptable equivalent (please note the ASA Level 1 Award in Aquatic Teaching is not an acceptable pre-requisite)
- Hold the STA Safeguarding Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults certificate or acceptable equivalent