LADA P - Experienced female PE teacher
I am an energetic, enthusiastic, positive and adaptable, fully qualified PE and Biology teacher with over 18 years of teaching experience. I am used to working independently and have broad PE managerial experience.
I have had a life-long passion for swimming, representing the Czech Republic as a teenager at international competitions and teaching the sport during my career as a PE teacher as well as at a local pool as a private coach. I have ASA Level 2 Certificate in Teaching Aquatics. I have also taken a course in teaching GCSE PE.
- Management experience - Head of Department
- Experience of teaching a wide range of ages (nursery to senior adults).
- Experience of teaching in state and private sector, co-educative and single sex schools.
- Ability to teach numerous sports and games including swimming, netball, rounders, athletics, hockey, cricket, tag and touch rugby, football, basketball, volleyball, handball, badminton, table tennis, tennis, aerobics and fitness, gymnastics, dance, trampoline, ice skating and skiing.
- Expertise with using various sport equipment and facilities.
- Extensive organisational experience with other teachers and general public.
- Swimming proficiency (I used to represent Czech Republic) and a Lifeguard and Swimming Teacher Level 2 Licences.
- Ability to work effectively on own initiative and independently or as part of a team.
9/2013 – 10/2016 The Heathside Preparatory School
Director of Sport – Managing PE Department and related extracurricular activities including organisation of regular sport fixtures and tournaments, events and trips across the ages of pre-Reception to Year 8. Teaching sports.
9/2012 – 8/2013 The Northbridge House Preparatory and Junior School
PE teacher - Teaching PE lessons and related extra-curricular activities including organisation of regular sports fixtures (mostly netball, rounders, athletics, football) and events and trips (annual Sports Day, charity events) across the range of ages (Year 1 to Year 6).
4/2002 – 8/2012 The Royal School, Hampstead.
Leading PE teacher – sole responsibility for PE and sports curriculum and related extra-curricular activities including organisation of regular sports fixtures (mostly netball, rounders, athletics, hockey) and events and trips (annual Sports Day, charity events, annual Ski Trips) across the range of ages (nursery to Year 11).
4/2003 – 5/2016 GLL; Swiss Cottage Swimming Club.
Swimming teacher (casual employee) – children and adult lessons at Highbury Pool, Archway LC, Cally Pool, Mallinson LC & Swiss Cottage LC.
12/2001 - 4/2002 Bishop Thomas Grant School, Streatham.
Supply teacher mostly for PE and Science lessons.
5-12/2001 Euroforum Ltd, London.
Telephone researcher for Eastern Europe.
9/1998 - 4/2001 Co-educative Primary and Secondary School in Libeznice, Prague, Czech Republic.
Head of the Physical Education Department (including management of the schools’ gym and fitness centre), Teacher of Natural Science, Sexual Education and English Language.
9/1998 - 4/2001 Mills School, s.r.o., Czech Republic.
Part-time English Teacher.
9/1996 - 4/2001 Leisure Centres in Havirov and Prague, Czech Republic.
Private aerobics, fitness and swimming coach.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION
9/1994 - 6/1998 Pedagogical Faculty, University of Ostrava, Czech Republic.
Mgr (MA equivalent) Graduate in Physical Education and Biology,
thesis: Sexual Education and its realisation at secondary school.
9/1989 - 6/1993 Secondary Grammar School (College), Studentska, Havirov, Czech Republic.
Graduate in Czech, English and Russian languages and Sociology.
2/1986 - 6/1989 Primary and Secondary School of Sports, Brno, Czech Republic.
Boarding school, focused on swimming.
9/1981 - 1/1986 ‘Rosa Luxemburg’ Primary School, Havirov, Czech Republic.
9/2016 The First Aid Course for School Children
9/2015 The Child Protection Course
1/2015 Health and Safety at Work
11/2014 The First Aid Course (AED) – use of the defibrillator
7/2014 The Fire Warden Training
5/2013 ASA Level 2 Swimming Teacher
7/2011 British Gymnastics Association – Teachers Award for Trampoline Gymnastics (Level 1)
11/2008 Keynote Educational Ltd – Engaging and motivating in PE lessons.
10/2008 London Metropolitan University – Tackling childhood obesity.
10/2005 Keynote Educational Ltd – Teaching GCSE PE for the first time.
11/2003 Keynote Educational Ltd – Modern Dance 11-18.
7/2003 England Hockey – coaching for teachers.
Teachers Coaching Award.
7/2003 All England Netball Association – Netball 7-11.
Netball for players aged 7-11, Combined Coaching & Umpiring.
7/2003 RFU Community Coaching.
TAG Coach Course.
7/2003 All England Badminton Association.
Badminton Award for Teachers.
2-3/2003 ASA Level 1 Swimming Teacher (Certificate no: SA035857).
7/2002 Initial ASA Lifeguard qualification (renewed every two years, last renewed December 2013).
4 - 12/2001 Mayfair School of English, London, UK.
Completed proficiency level course.
In Czech Republic
New gymnastic forms lessons with final degree (Charles University, Prague, 1999);
· Elementary skiing instructor (University of Ostrava, 1998);
· Lifeguard license (University of Ostrava, 1998);
· CMAS P* international scuba diving license (Delta Academic, Prague, 1999);
· English language and methodology lessons (Pedagogic centre Prague, 1999).
· Czech and Slovak, native speaker;
· Russian, Polish intermediate;
· Full & clean Czech (EU) driving license (since 1994).
· PC skills – MS Office.
Primary PE Specialists - Liverpool - September Start
Salary: £18,746 (full time equivalent)
Administrative Officer - Exams - Camden - September
Salary: 30k - 31k FTE
School Administration Officer – Camden - Term Time Only
Salary: £23,630 - £25,589