We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and committed individual to teach Economics. Applications are welcomed from both qualified teachers, or non-qualified teachers wishing to establish themselves as a teacher as full training over time will be provided. Applications are also welcomed from mathematicians or other relevant subject specialists who would welcome teaching Economics to our high achieving, enthusiastic students.
Record numbers of students are choosing Economics for A Level and this post offers a great opportunity for a qualified or aspiring teacher to develop their career in a school that goes above and beyond for its staff; a school which places high value on social sciences and supports their uptake at A Level and beyond. 50% of our current Year 11 cohort have chosen to study such subjects next year
In return we offer the opportunity to work in a friendly, vibrant, outstanding school.
If you would like more information on this vacancy, please contact Steffan ASAP or why not apply NOW?
All applications are subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS, other checks and references.
- Good honours degree in a relevant subject area (eg Economics or Mathematics etc)
- Qualified Teacher Status, or wishes to be supported to gain QTS
- Very good subject knowledge
- Keen to be involved in curriculum development
- Familiar with current subject developments
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- A shared approach to problem-solving and achieving goals
- Innovation, identifying alternative ways to resolve issues, improve standards and procedures
- Confident user of ICT to enhance teaching and learning
- Ambitious for self, department and students
- Proactive and able to use initiative
- Able to work effectively and calmly under pressure
- Evidence of good relationships with young people and adults
- Ability to analyse data effectively
- Committed to the ethos of the school