Teacher of Drama
This position is full time, permanent and to commence in September 2020
Applications from NQTs are welcome
Salary – Main teaching Scale
Our School is a popular school for students aged 11-18 with approximately 1000 students on roll. We are situated in a highly desirable location in Buckinghamshire in the Aylesbury Vale area with a wide range of available amenities. To complement the surrounding rural location, the school is well placed for commuting to London with an excellent rail service, we are also well served by the M40 which directly links to Oxford.
Our relentless journey of improvement includes a sharp focus on teaching and learning so that we strive to become better and better as a school. Drama plays an important part in the life of the school. We are looking for somebody to drive Drama and develop the subject so that we have GCSE/BTEC classes throughout Key Stage 3-5. There are huge opportunities for extra curricular Drama here too.
There are performance opportunities at all levels ranging from the annual Christmas concert to Party in the Playground as well as music and drama productions, recently included The Full Monty and Guys and Dolls.
We can offer you:
- an enthusiastic, loyal and dedicated staff who are relentlessly driving improvement forward
- respectful, hardworking students who are eager to succeed
- an improving learning environment
- a supportive community with significantly rising numbers for school places.
You will ideally offer us:
- good subject knowledge
- enthusiasm for and a love of Drama that will inspire learners
- high expectations of students in terms of their learning
- the ability to work as part of a highly successful and forward-thinking department
- flexibility and enjoyment of working in a busy school environment
- the ability to organise and prioritise your workload.
Why not apply NOW or email Jon for more details.
If you are an NQT or a Fully Qualified Teacher looking for short/long term supply contracts or your next permanent teaching job, then register now, it takes 2 minutes.
Futureactive is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all applicants to share our commitment. An enhanced DBS will be required for this role.
We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion.