Becky Adlington SwimStars - Term Time.
To help teach and coach people of all ages and abilities to develop swimming skills, technique
and confidence in the water.
* Enthusiastic and positive attitude towards swimming
* Good communicator
* The ability to inspire confidence and motivate swimmers
* Perseverance and patience
* The ability to encourage people and put them at ease
* An understanding of how to differentiate in a coaching session
* Ideally the candidate will hold a valid National Reach Rescue Award / Pool Attendant Qualification or National Pool Lifeguard Qualification, although not essential.
* Professional, punctual and well-organised person responsible for the implementation, development and organisation of swimming classes
* Flexibility to work weekdays, evenings and weekends
* To plan and deliver lessons ensuring adherence to the scheme of work and lesson plans
* Integration of the ASA Learn to Swim Framework and programme reward schemes into your classes
* Ensure safe provision of all equipment and ensure it is used correctly
* Make sure safety standards are followed in sessions and undertake risk assessments
* Identify participants' abilities and encourage them to reach their full potential
* Plan and deliver sessions appropriate to the level of swimmer
* Provide explanations and demonstrate swimming techniques
* Correct faults in swimming techniques and identify ways to improve performance
* To be a positive role model, creating a positive and fun environment in which to motivate
and encourage children and adults to participate in swimming
* Set ground rules for each session
* Evaluate sessions and give feedback
* Regularly assess each participant's ability and progress and arrange for the award of the
* To constantly update, manage and complete your registers
* Organise and supervise assistants and helpers as directed by the Swimming Coordinator
* Work alongside the Swimming Coordinator, other Swimming Teachers/Coaches,
Lifeguards etc to help ensure that participants are able to swim in a safe environment.
* To attend regular meetings with the Regional Coordinator as and when necessary.
* To agree to abide by a code of conduct and carry out duties in accordance
BASS and site policies, including equal opportunities, safeguarding children, health
and safety at work, etc.
* Take part in at least 3 internal training sessions per year
* Enhanced DBS checked
* Minimum one term (10 week commitment)
Great opportunities for level 2 qualified teachers, call Paul on 01920 44897