We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, inspirational and enthusiastic person to lead the Business & Economics departments from January 2021 at this popular and over-subscribed school in West Hertfordshire.
This mixed Church of England all-ability school, with 1500 on roll, including over 300 Post-16 students enjoys above average academic achievement which is improving year on year.
It’s an ambitious school providing a seamless learning journey for all our students from 3-19 and you will be joining a forward thinking and innovative work place, demonstrated by the forthcoming rebuild of 80% of the school which will be one of the largest developments in the country.
In their most recent Staff Opinion Survey 97% of staff agreed that they have the skills and training to do their job well. They are also a ‘Google Reference School’ school and all staff are issued with a chrome book/laptop.
External judgements such as our Ofsted Inspection from November 2017 and SIAMS inspection May 2019 stated: ‘Pupils are highly motivated to learn.' ‘Teaching is good overall with outstanding features. ’Leaders are passionately and proactively developing the school within, and for, the community", "Hard-working and dedicated staff ensure that students are individually supported to make good, and often very good progress from their starting points"
We expect you to be passionate about ensuring the best possible education for every one of your students and have a track record of raising attainment.
The successful candidate should be:
- An outstanding classroom teacher and have high expectations of all learners.
- Able to demonstrate a positive and creative approach.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to raise our already high standards by creating a successful vision for future progress.
- An excellent role model for students and staff.
- Self-motivated and ambitious.
- Committed to pupil achievement and be able to deliver engaging and inspirational lessons in Business Studies.
- Able to deliver a range of lessons including GCSE, A Level and BTEC lessons confidently.
- Have an awareness of the demands & specifications of A Level Economics.
In addition you will receive:
- Subject specific CPD through the department and the Prince's Trust Institute, with the opportunity to complete a residential CPD course.
- All staff have access to a bespoke CPD programme which has learning and teaching at its centre.
- All departments have protected meeting time.
- Extensive opportunities to local and global charities, support trips such as World Challenge and DofE. We have a dedicated Wellbeing Team in the school and subscribe to the Employee Assistance Programme.
Does this sound like the type of school and job for you?
If so, get in touch for more details or apply NOW!
We’re waiting to hear from you.