Senior Watersports Coaches
Based: Stoke Newington West Reservoir Centre, Stoke Newington
Up to £24,012 per annum (40 hours a weeks pro rata plus an 8% bonus following a qualifying period)
Job closes: 15/04/2018
Stoke Newington West Reservoir Centre is looking for two Senior Watersports Coaches who can deliver the excellent water sports programme on offer at the centre, a unique water sports facility in the heart of London. It is located on 30 acres of water in a hidden part of Stoke Newington, North East London.
The centre is Adventure Activities Licensing Authority (AALA) accredited and recognised by both the British Canoeing (BC) and the Royal Yachting Association (RYA) and provides the opportunity for adults and children of the local community to take part in sailing and kayaking. We provide British Canoeing and Royal Yachting Association accredited courses throughout the year. West Reservoir Centre runs an active youth club that provides young people with the opportunity to participate regularly in dinghy sailing, kayaking, canoeing and stand up paddle boarding - with the option to work towards National Governing Body Awards.
The centre programme includes structured school lessons, multi-activity days, school holiday multi-activity weeks, private & small group sessions, private tuition and kids water activity parties.
Key aspects of the role will include:
• The delivery of high quality coaching sessions
• Improving the levels of coaching and the programme
• Aware of pupils status, nature and needs
• Maintain a good and positive image of the Centre to customers and the public generally by providing a welcoming, helpful and professional service.
You will have:
• Senior instructor in one activity (either RYA Senior Sailing Instructor or BC Level 2 Coach + appropriate bolt-ons) and at least Instructor qualifications in one other activity (RYA Dinghy Instructor or BC Level 2 Coach)
• Experience of coaching in a community setting
• Experience working with all age groups
• A First Aid at work qualification (desirable)
• Good availability working evenings and weekends
• Flexible working arrangements
• Discounted Membership Schemes
• Career development opportunities
• Extensive training prospects.
If you feel your experience matches this role, and are passionate about watersports and looking for your next challenge then please apply now.
All pay rates are subject to skills, experience, qualifications, age and location.
To be shortlisted for the role, internal applicants will need to demonstrate their commitment to GLL by becoming a Society member where eligible.
GLL is the UK’s largest leisure provider and one of the first and largest leisure social enterprises. Our aim is to get more people, more active, more of the time whilst making leisure and community facilities accessible and affordable. We partner with local authorities to run leisure centres, swimming pools, libraries, children’s centres, spas, events spaces and world-class sporting venues such as the Copper Box Arena and London Aquatics Centre on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park - all under our Better brand. As a not-for-profit organisation, we’re different. Passionate about seeing our communities thrive, we invest back into our facilities, projects and people and are an Investors in People Silver Award employer.
GLL is an equal opportunities employer.