Futureactive are working on behalf of a School Sports Partnership based in West London, to recruit a self-motivated, enthusiastic physical education teacher to take on this exciting and varied role. The postion starting in March will initially run until to the end of the academic year, but could go longer
The post holder will support in the delivery of the partnership’s core work programme ensuring partner schools raise standards in the delivery of physical education and enhance the schools’ physical activity opportunities.
The role will be split between 1 primary school (3 days) and the sports partnership hub site (2 days). At the primary school, you will deliver the entire PE curriculum across Key Stage 2. The school places a high importance on PE and Sport and the appointment is pivotal as they seek to build on the excellent work of the existing teacher.
Whilst working for the partnership you will have the opportunity of working with many more primary schools on a lighter touch basis. You will be assisting organising games and partnership wide competition, as well as supporting the development of the subject in each school as you mentor the PE Coordinator.
• Ability to plan and deliver physical education programme at KS1 and KS2.
• Deliver Young Leaders Award to KS3 and KS4
• Ensure progress in physical education is monitored and impact can be demonstrated.
• Promote, develop and support the delivery of the organisation objectives and assist with the monitoring and evaluation of progress.
• Assist in the delivery of sporting competitions, including officiating, scoring and preparation.
• Assist schools to review and update schemes of work in line with the new National Curriculum
• Ensure schools provides rich, varied extra-curricular programme.
• Promote the benefits of being physically active.
• Support school staff to deliver Outstanding Physical Education lessons
• Promote developments to senior management in school and update staff on training opportunities.
• Maintain strong communication links between the organisation and ensure schools access further opportunities.
• Participate in relevant meetings and attend CPD sessions through the organisation.
• Help schools to understand how high quality PE provision contributes to overall school improvement.
• Assist schools to meet National targets, through self-reviews and online surveys.
The successful candidate will have:
Understanding of national curriculum at KS1 and KS2
Experience of teaching, with a good understanding of what constitutes a high quality physical education lesson. Particular focus at KS1 and KS2.
Experience in delivering Leadership / Coaching awards to KS3 & KS4.
Proven success in planning and implementing schemes of work at KS1 and KS2.
Proven success in organising extra-curricular programme.
Proven success in organising Intra School competition.
Excellent classroom practice.
Ability to work independently, demonstrating initiative
Ability to meet deadlines and ensuring tasks are completed on time
Able to devise and implement effective communication systems at a range of levels.
Strong organisational and time management skills.
Minimum of two years’ experience of delivering physical education and school sport.
Level 2 coaching qualification in at least one sport
Qualified Teacher Status
An enthusiasm for keeping up to date with current and new initiatives within school sport.
Commitment to high standards including equal opportunities for all and safeguarding children policies and procedures.
Does this sound like you? If so get in touch now – hit apply or contact Jon for more details. Interviews are happening soon!