Futureactive are working on behalf of a Primary School in West London, to recruit a self-motivated, enthusiastic physical education teacher from March, initially until the end of the academic year, but the role could be made permanent in September.
The school place a high importance on the PE and Sport provision and are committed to offering all pupils a variety of opportunities. In addition to delivering the entire PE curriculum across Key Stage 2, the post holder will support in the delivery of the local school sports partnership’s core work programme, ensuring standards in the delivery of physical education are enhanced, in addition to increasing physical activity opportunities on offer to all pupils.
You will be committed to delivering a full extra-curricular timetable and supporting the local School Games competitions and events.
• Ability to plan and deliver physical education programme at KS1 and KS2.
• Ensure progress in physical education is monitored and impact can be demonstrated.
• Promote, develop and support the delivery of the organisation objectives and assist with the monitoring and evaluation of progress.
• Assist in the delivery of sporting competitions, including officiating, scoring and preparation.
• Assist schools to review and update schemes of work in line with the new National Curriculum
• Ensure schools provides rich, varied extra-curricular programme.
• Promote the benefits of being physically active.
• Participate in relevant meetings and attend CPD sessions.
• Help the school to understand how high quality PE provision contributes to overall school improvement.
• Assist schools to meet National targets, through self-reviews and online surveys.
The successful candidate will have:
Understanding of national curriculum at KS1 and KS2
Experience of teaching, with a good understanding of what constitutes a high quality physical education lesson. Particular focus at KS1 and KS2.
Proven success in planning and implementing schemes of work at KS1 and KS2.
Proven success in organising extra-curricular programme.
Proven success in organising Intra School competition.
Excellent classroom practice.
Ability to work independently, demonstrating initiative
Ability to meet deadlines and ensuring tasks are completed on time
Able to devise and implement effective communication systems at a range of levels.
Strong organisational and time management skills.
Minimum of two years’ experience of delivering physical education and school sport.
Level 2 coaching qualification in at least one sport
Qualified Teacher Status
An enthusiasm for keeping up to date with current and new initiatives within school sport.
Commitment to high standards including equal opportunities for all and safeguarding children policies and procedures.
Does this sound like you? If so get in touch now – hit apply or contact Jon for more details. Interviews are happening soon!