What will the apprentice be doing?
The role will include;
· assisting with the delivery of physical activity and school sport;
· supporting a class teacher in lower Key Stage Two;
· organising and delivering activities over the lunchtime period.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Training will be a mix of blended learning; both face to face & virtual. Face to face will be held centrally in Liverpool.
Apprentices will study either a Level 2 Community Activator Coach Standard or L3 Teaching Asssistant specialising in PE/ Physical Activity
* Other accredited qualifications.
* English & Maths Functional Skills (if required)
* Professional Recognition: CIMSPA (Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity) at Associate Membership level (L2 Learners)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This role would be ideal for someone who either wanted to move into sports coaching/ development with children and young people or who wants to work in education. It will provide a basis for teaching assistant roles and as a route towards teacher training or into other physical activity &/or sport careers.