Physical Education Teacher Permanent – January Start
The West London Free School are seeking a PE Teacher to start in January 2019, this brilliant opportunity to work for this wonderful school can be Full-Time or Part-Time for the right candidate.
WLFS Main Pay Scale, Start Date: 7th January 2019 negotiable
The West London Free School aims to provide all pupils, no matter what their background, with a classical liberal education. We have a distinctive school culture built on a passion for bringing rich, demanding and inspiring knowledge to pupils of all abilities. We treasure the subject knowledge of staff, we value their passion for continuing to grow as subject-specialists and we support their subject-specific development.
Our core belief is that every child is entitled to a classical liberal education, no matter what their background or ability. We place a heavy emphasis on the acquisition of core knowledge through the study of traditional subjects. Our pupils in each year group are enthusiastic and making excellent progress in PE.
The key characteristics of this role include:
• To be a model of excellent practice, maintaining a clear focus on the outstanding delivery of PE to pupils.
• To stimulate and encourage pupils to a high standard of interest and work in the subject, ensuring that the needs of the individual are met. • To assist the Head of Department in the production of schemes of work for Key Stage 3 and 4, and to monitor their subsequent effectiveness.
• To monitor the progress of students according to the department and school assessment policy and to advise on set changes.
• To show a commitment to enhancing the quality of teaching and learning in the department by taking part in sharing resources, collaborative teaching, mentoring and active participation in continuing professional development.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- An ability to teach PE from KS3 to GCSE. - A passion for PE and exceptional subject knowledge. Experience of coaching hockey would be beneficial, but not essential. - Commitment to the co-curricular programme. - Excellent team working skills. - Effective and efficient communication skills with both pupils and staff. - An understanding and commitment to the ethos of the school.
The West London Free School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Are you a PE teacher looking for a new and exciting challenge for the new year? If so then please get in touch and APPLY now. The application deadline for this role is Monday 12th November and interviews will take place shortly after the closing date, so DON’T Delay, we are waiting to hear from you.