A fantastic Part-Time job for a Level 1 Netball Coach with a Mini Bus Licence to coach a School's A Team. Apply NOW for a Sept Start - Perm Contract
Job Title: Netball Coach
Job description: To act as a Coach to an ‘A’ team within the Gordon’s School Netball programme. This will involve training twice a week after school and Saturday mornings.
Year group: Secondary School (age 11 – 18 years old)
Reports to: Head of Netball
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• To coach and lead an ‘A’ team at Gordon’s School
• To be involved with appropriate pre-season and “in season” training and player skill/fitness testing
• To attend a meeting/training session with all players (juniors and seniors) to outline expectations for the season
• The ensure that the team is play book compliant
• To provide regular feedback to the Head of Netball
• To implement high quality coaching sessions, providing players with the best opportunity for individual and team success/development, ideally informed by the most recent performance
• To ensure the appropriate safeguarding is carried out, in particular; warm up, cool down, medical kit with an understanding of, and adherence to, the school policies and procedures
• To inform the Head of Netball of fixture results, ‘hots and not’ and to nominate a ‘player of the match’.
Skills / Abilities / Knowledge:
Level 1 Netball - Minimum
• Up to date knowledge of netball at all levels
• An understanding of the requirements needed to achieve elite levels of performance in netball
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills both with individuals and groups
• Strong leadership, team building and people management skills
• Ability to work independently (unsupervised) within limits of authority – the ability to self-manage and prioritise own workload
• Ability to perform effectively under pressure
• Understanding of the need to develop independence in athletes and maintain this
• Qualified to drive a Mini-bus (essential)
• Experience of working with and coaching young players (aged 11-18 years)
• To have been involved in a “local” sporting club environment
• Sound knowledge of Netball
• Understanding of training and match day responsibilities
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic, with a passion for netball and the development of performance athletes.
• Flexible and adaptable approach to work
• A ‘can do’ and resilient attitude towards work
• Team player with collaborative and supportive style
• Personal integrity and the ability to evoke trust and respect from others
• An openness to learn new skills and try new ideas
• Willingness to self-assess personal performance and search for ways to improve
For more information contact Ben on email@example.com or call 03330 143136. Apply NOW for a September Start!
Futureactive is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all applicants to share our commitment. An enhanced CRB/DBS will be required.