Hospitality Trainer Assessor
We are currently recruiting for an exciting role for a great company who are seeking a Hospitality Trainer Assessor.
The successful candidate for this position will have experience as an apprenticeship trainer/assessor as well as having experience working within the hospitality industry, including cooking and kitchen management.
The development of effective relationships is critical within this post. Externally the post holder needs to engage and build positive working relationships with learners and employers, build trust and credibility, and also maintain on-going relationships.
Internally the post holder needs to work seamlessly with our Apprentices and their managers to ensure we provide a fully joined up development programme.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
The post holder will mentor, assess and support Apprentices and work based mentors, working with the clients quality assurance team to ensure that Awarding Organisations, funders and OFSTED quality and audit requirements are met.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Either directly or indirectly through workplace mentors or assessors
- Support the interviewing and recruitment process for Apprentices
- Agree personal development plans for each Apprentice, with their manager
- Planning, implementation, delivery, monitoring and supporting Apprentices through their apprenticeship, induction and e learning programme
- Deliver specialist hospitality training programmes
- Assess Apprentices competence against national occupational standards in the workplace, and record judgements via the learner management system
- Complete six weekly Apprentice reviews, and maintain accurate records, give feedback and keep managers updated on Apprentice’s progress
- Ensure Apprentice records are maintained and updated on Learner Management System
- Ensure Health & Safety assessments are completed to audit requirements in relation to workplace sites
- Keep up-to-date with professional and educational development within the sector and attend standardisation meetings
The post holder needs to hold assessor qualifications TAQA/A1 or equivalent, in addition they should hold or be working towards PTLLS or equivalent and English/Maths at Functional Skills Level 2.
The post holder should have sound practical experience of working in the hospitality sector, preferably in front and back of house areas at a supervisory level and as an
Experience in delivering functional skills/Key skills is preferable but not essential.
The post holder must have a real interest and commitment to support and develop the apprentices and engage employers to achieve agreed outcomes and have the skills necessary to deliver training, mentoring and assessment. They will need to be computer literate. Hold a full clean drivig lcence as this post requires travel between placements, it may also require some nationwide travel.
Sound like an opportunity your looking for? If so, apply NOW or get in touch for more details. Interviews happening soon.