Experienced School Finance Officer - Long Term Temporary Vacancy
A brilliant school based in Hertfordshire are seeking an Experienced Finance Officer, for a full-time role to start immediately.
The school is in a perfect location to commute to and from, with major roads surrounding it, including the M25 and A10. There are great public transport links, with regular buses running from the local train station to the school.
A summary of the key areas for this role are below and as you can see the ideal candidate needs to be very experienced, ideally within a school setting.
• To prepare and submit statutory financial returns required by the ESFA, TPS, LGPS and HMRC (including VAT) as required
• To prepare the Trust’s management accounts on a monthly basis in line the month end timetable and the Trust’s accounting policies and explain variances to budgets and forecasts
• To support the Chief Financial Officer through providing accurate and timely budget and forecast information as needed
• To prepare MIS reports including budget information
• To operate the Trust’s bank accounts (including management of access and appropriate signatory panels) for public, private and charitable funds and reconcile on a monthly basis, including charge card payments
• To manage cash flow to ensure the Trust has adequate funds to fulfill its obligations
• To maintain and update the approved supplier list and the contracts register
• To arrange for the payment of suppliers in line with the agreed terms and conditions
• To manage the invoicing process and debt recovery
• To manage the finance system, upload budget information and maintain accounting structures within it
• To manage grants received by the Trust in accordance with their terms including 16-19 bursary funds
Are you looking for an opportunity to work in Finance in a school setting? Do you have the relevant experience for this fantastic opportunity? If you answered yes, then please get in touch on 01920 444890 or APPLY now.