The role based over 2 schools which support children with social, emotional and behaviour difficulties, along with residential care facilities within the local area.
Due to expansion, this new role will involve work between two schools in Stoke and Shifnal (travel expenses will apply) and provide support to students identified as having social, emotional and mental health needs, some of whom are in residential care and some of whom are day students. The core practice model for understanding and responding therapeutically to children and young people living and learning within the Services is informed by an understanding of Complex Trauma (Cook et al 2005). This model ensures the needs of the children and young people are addressed in a holistic manner and considers each child or young person’s individual presenting needs and strengths across residential, educational and family settings.
The successful applicant will be a member of a multi-professional team, comprising of: Educational Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Psychotherapy, Assistant Psychology and Occupational Therapy input.
You will be provided with:
· A range of work – the opportunity of applying psychology in this context is varied and innovative.
· An embedded consultation model in both schools. Consultation always proceeds the negotiation of any assessments that are needed.
· Opportunities to work across disciplines within the team.
· Monthly managerial and clinical supervision (provided by Educational Psychologists).
· Annual leave can be taken flexibly throughout the year.
Applicants must have:
· An honours degree in psychology, recognised by the British Psychological Society and a recognised post graduate professional qualification in Educational Psychology
· Be registered or eligible for registration with the Health and Care Professions Council.
· Have experience working in a specialist educational service, supporting children and young with behavioural, social and emotional difficulties
Newly qualified Educational Psychologists are welcome to apply.
We welcome applications both a full time basis and working part-time, 3 or 4 full days per week.
If you are interesed in hearing more about the role and organisation then please don't hesitate to give me one of the friendly futureactive team a call or hit APPLY NOW!!