Are you a driven and enthusiastic worker? Well, this job could be perfect for you!
Salary: £400 - £525 a week
Location: Wicken, Buckinghamshire
Hours: 8 am - 6pm (30 Minutes unpaid lunch break)
Super Camps run multi activity day camps in the school holidays for children aged 3 – 14 years, and we pride ourselves on delivering exciting camps that children love and parents trust. As the leading provider in this field our fun-packed camps are located in over 80 venues nationwide where our reputation for high quality childcare depends on the utmost professionalism and hard work of our on-camp staff.
If you would like an exciting challenge within a fun and rewarding environment we may have the perfect opportunity for you!
Reporting to the Divisional Manager, the role of the Camp Manager is to manage and support all staff, resources and processes to ensure the smooth running of a Super Camps venue and all of its programmes.
- Manage, direct and support staff to ensure they adhere to processes and procedures whilst the children in the care of Super Camps continually have a fun, stimulating and safe time
- Ensure that quality programmes across the brands are planned and delivered with structure and enthusiasm by staff at all times
- Liaise with parents in person and by phone with regard to the children's needs and feedback on any issues which arise
- Demonstrate continuous respect for the host venue and Super Camps resources by managing your staff team and ensuring cleanliness and safety at all times
- Prepare and lead a Camp Induction and Training Day ensuring your camp, equipment and staff are ready for the first day of the season
- Ensure that the pastoral needs of the children are well-catered for through active supervision and care throughout the day
- Manage daily administration including sign in/out of children, timetabling and allocation of staff to timetabled activities plus other adhoc duties as required
It is essential that candidates:
- Are over the age of 18 and have the right to work in the UK
- Have relevant experience working within the childcare industry preferably in a senior or managerial role
- Are highly motivated and responsible individuals who are able to demonstrate a mature and professional attitude to their employment acting as a strong role model for both staff and children
- Have strong IT skills and administrative expertise
- Are highly organised with superb communication skills and an enthusiastic approach to the role
- Hold a 12 hour paediatric first aid qualification or are willing to undertake this training
It is highly desirable that candidates:
- Are qualified in teaching in the UK or have relevant childcare or coaching qualifications
- Hold a previous enhanced DBS check which is registered on the DBS Update Service
- Have experience delivering a high standard of Customer Service
- Are experienced in providing training and/or mentoring
- Have knowledge and previous training in safeguarding and child protection
- Have local Safeguarding Authority training
Selection & Appointment Process: Candidates will be required to complete the Super Camps pre-camp training programme. All appointments are subject to satisfactory training attendance, references and enhanced DBS Status.
Super Camps is committed to safe practice in recruitment and selection that includes consideration of issues regarding child protection, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. All staff will be expected to complete an enhanced DBS check if they are not already on the DBS Update Service and supply us with references.
At Super Camps we strongly believe in respect and equal treatment for all persons regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, marital status, civil partnership status, colour, nationality, gender, age, sex, sexual orientation or physical ability. We insist that this respect is applied in every aspect of our business and in how we conduct ourselves.
INTERVIEWING VERY SOON! SO APPLY NOW TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT!