The successful candidate for this position will have experience as an apprenticeship trainer/assessor as well as having experience working within the hospitality industry, including cooking and kitchen management along with Business admin.
The development of effective relationships is critical within this post. Externally the post holder needs to engage and build positive working relationships with learners and employers, build trust and credibility, and also maintain on-going relationships.
Internally the post holder needs to work seamlessly with our Apprentices and their managers to ensure we provide a fully joined up development programme.
The post holder will mentor, assess and support our Apprentices and work based mentors, working with the quality assurance team to ensure that Awarding Organisations, funders and OFSTED quality and audit requirements are met.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the interviewing and recruitment process for Apprentices
- Agree personal development plans for each Apprentice, with their manager
- Planning, implementation, delivery, monitoring and supporting Apprentices through their apprenticeship, induction and e learning programme
- Deliver specialist hospitality training programmes
- Assess Apprentices competence against national occupational standards in the workplace, and record judgements via the learner management system
- Complete six weekly Apprentice reviews, and maintain accurate records, give feedback and keep managers updated on Apprentice’s progress
- Ensure Apprentice records are maintained and updated on Learner Management System
- Ensure Health & Safety assessments are completed to audit requirements in relation to workplace sites
- Keep up-to-date with professional and educational development within the sector and attend standardisation meetings
The post holder needs to hold assessor qualifications TAQA/A1 or equivalent, in addition they should hold or be working towards PTLLS or equivalent and English/Maths at Functional Skills Level 2.
The post holder should have sound practical experience of working in the hospitality sector, preferably in front and back of house areas at a supervisory level and as an TAQA/A1 Assessor.
Experience in delivering functional skills/Key skills is preferable but not essential.
The post holder must have a real interest and commitment to support and develop the apprentices and engage employers to achieve agreed outcomes and have the skills necessary to deliver training, mentoring and assessment. They will need to be computer literate.
The post may require nationwide travel so a full clean driving licence is required.
Good communication skills, both verbal and written are vital as there is some classroom teaching.
The post holder needs to be able to make judgements about the progress and competence of Apprentices, in discussion with their manager. At the same time, they need to be able to work as a member of the Apprenticeship delivery team, and on their own initiative.
If you have a passion for learning and developing others, an organised and flexible approach to work and the desire to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment then I want to hear from you so please get in touch or APPLY NOW.