Job Hunting - Our Top Tips
Job Hunting Top Tips from our team of specialist recruitment consultants for jobs in PE, Sport, Active Leisure, Health and Fitness.
There’s so much to say about CVs we dedicated a whole section to it – download it here – CV Writing Guide
…..but here’s some quick tips.
-Keep your CV up to date e.g add new qualifications and training as soon as they are completed
-Review your CV regularly. Will it stand out from the crowd? Is it easy to read? Ask a friend to review it.
-Tailor your CV for the job you are applying for.
Register your CV online TODAY with Futureactive
- Your iluvgoingouteverynight @ …com email address may not necessarily give the image you are trying to portray to a new employer.
- Use easy to spell email addresses. Consider adopting a simpler one if you have a hard to spell or complicated email address.
- Spell check EVERYTHING. It’s quick and easy on a PC and makes you look very lazy if you can’t be bothered. “Be where the curse of pea sea spell chequers’ incl US vs UK spellings.
Let Futureactive bring the jobs to you. Seeking a full-time job can be a full-time job in itself. Simply sign up for our Email Job Alerts and any jobs that match your specific search criteria will be sent straight to your inbox as soon as the role appears on our Latest Job Vacancies.
Social Networks, Blogs etc.
- Check your Privacy settings – potential recruiters will ‘Google’ prospective new employees.
- Review all your Public Profiles – are they what you’d like a prospective employer to see or read about you?
- Search / Google yourself! Go ‘Incognito’ (on Chrome). See what someone else would be able to find out about you.
Read our “Social Media – Advice for Job Hunters” for some great Do’s and Don’ts to ensure your social media works FOR you and NOT against you!
First (and second) impressions count – even with Recruitment Agencies – on the phone, in person, your CV, applications forms & letters.
Research the school, the role, location etc. – Don’t forget – we usually know a lot about the school, vacancy and what the job will entail, so don’t be afraid to ask. It’s OUR job to help you! Be the best prepared for an interview that you can and give yourself the best chance – if you don’t you can bet anything that someone else will have taken to the trouble to.
- Get an alarm clock that works.
- If you can’t make an interview, please let us know. Don’t just not turn up for an interview, even if you have changed your mind.
- Presentation, Punctuality and Reliability – THEY MATTER. Be there, on time and look the part! ALWAYS.
- Dress Code – always worth asking if you need to be in smart interview clothes as well as taking your activity / sports / PE kit with you.
- Body language and eye contact – you know the theory… put it into practice!
- Mind your language. Keep it clean. Get the habit and you won’t run the risk of a slip up when it matters.
Read on for more Interview Top Tips for Job Hunters
If you really want a job – let it show in everything you do.
New Job or Career?
Not sure about your next career move? Take a look at our Career Profiles pages for Job Descriptions, Person Specifications, Qualification and experience needed for some of the many and ever changing career opportunities and jobs in the world of PE, Sport, Active Leisure, Health and Fitness. Plus, lots of job hunting help and interview advice available from our recruitment team. And of course, don’t forget to take a look at all our Latest Job Vacancies.
Studying a PE, Sport, Fitness, Leisure Management or Personal Training course?
-Then take a look at our Jobs, Help and Advice for Students and Graduates section.