Jesus College is one of the leading colleges in the University of Cambridge. It was established between 1496 and 1516 on the site of the twelfth-century Benedictine nunnery of St Mary and St Radegund whose ruinous buildings, which included a huge church, were adapted to house it. Today these buildings remain at the College’s centre. Five spacious, three-sided courts containing rooms for students and Fellows, and beyond them twenty-four acres of gardens and playing fields, surround the nuns’ cloisters. There the College’s Chapel and Hall face one another, and the remains of the nunnery’s chapter-house may be seen.